Using the Facebook avatar brings about a personalized effect on every interaction. It is a funny way of reacting to things on the social media platform with a self-resemblance character usable on comments, stories and messenger.
Also with the new messenger room on Facebook, the platform is becoming a go-to source for remote social activities and work. Though it is not yet known if you can use an avatar in the messenger room but there are other features you’d like.
Similar to the Bitmoji on Snapchat and Apple’s memoji avatar, the recently launched Facebook avatar stickers can be shared with friends and also used as a profile picture. You can create your personalized avatar by following the steps in the guide below.
How to create your personalized Facebook avatar | Step-by-step guide
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile phone and tap on the menu tab (The three horizontal lines).
- Scroll down and tap on “See more”.
- Look for the purple smiley face button tagged “Avatars” and tap on it.
- Next tap on Get started and continue with the on-screen prompts.
- You will be required to you choose a hairstyle, body shape, clothing, complexion, eye color, and more. Take your time and select the features that best represents your ideas.
- When you’re done creating your avatar, tap on the check icon by the top-right corner, then tap on “Next” and “Done”.
How to use Facebook Avatar in Messenger
- Open the messenger app and tap on the stickers icon.
- Tap on the avatar tab and wait for the stickers to load.
- About 50 different stickers generated from your personalized avatar will be displayed.
- Tap on the sticker you wish to send and select a chat.
Use the personalized avatar on Facebook comments, chats, and stories to express your emotions, thoughts, and ideas. You can always make changes to your avatar by heading to the Facebook menu and tapping on the avatar options.