The zoom video chat app has become so widely used by many to stay connected while working or studying from home during the coronavirus pandemic. But only a few know that you can change the zoom background used in your video chatting – this adds fun to your chat experience.
Yes, there are many other feature available for you in the zoom video chat platform; you can add filter to beautify your looks and touch up your appearance in addition to the zoom background change. This is available for desktop and smartphone users.
As a result of the coronavirus pandemic, the zoom video chat app has recorded massive increase in number of users across the globe. People take to video chatting during the social distancing and zoom is making it more comfortable for users with the ability to change your room background on zoom.
How to Change your Zoom background using the desktop app
- Open your Zoom app from your desktop and click on your profile in the top right corner.
- Select “Settings”.
- From the menu by the left, select the option marked “Virtual Background”.
- Now, a list of Zoom default background themes will be displayed. Choose from the list by clicking on your preferred option. This will automatically change the look of your zoom video chat app.
Alternative to the default background options, Zoom allows you to upload a custom background from the photos on your desktop storage. Follow these steps below.
- Follow through #1 and #2 above
- Now click on the ‘+’ icon next to options marked “Choose Virtual Background”.
- Next, upload the photo you want to use as your background. It will be added to other background options. Click on it to activate it as your new background.
It is easy to remove any background anytime and change to a new one. A click on the ‘X’ marked portion on the top left corner of the background theme will remove it.
How to Change your Zoom background using the mobile app
- Open your smartphone and launch the Zoom mobile app.
- Tap on the three dots at the bottom right of the screen – this will open the menu.
- From the menu options, tap on Virtual Background.
- You can select any of the default background options or upload a photo of your own.
There are other tricks you can apply while making a video call on zoom, Alison DeNisco Rayome reveals some of them in the 13 hidden features to try on zoom video chat app, take some time and see it.